Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A Solemn Few

Around here there are only a few that are good at heart
They are very hard to find and set apart
We try to get away from the ones that are fake
And the ones that only take and break
You think they are your dear friends
Then they show their true side
And you see that it was only pretend
They do not consider your feelings and you are denied
You try to tell them how they make you feel
They stomp your heart and tell you to deal
They have completely lost your respect
It is your friendship that they selfishly wrecked
These are the people that are greedy and twofaced
It seems as though your effort has gone waste
Their unethical actions are such a disgrace
You leave behind a memory, only a trace
I am so glad that I have you
You are definitely among the solemn few
In you I know I can confide
We will keep all the backstabbing liars on the outside