As I sit and think only of you
I can almost see your eyes, true blue
I can almost sense your touch
I want to feel it, oh so much
I can almost taste your kiss
You, my love, I will always miss
I can almost hear your voice, softly whispering in my ear
I can almost feel your warmth, so far from me, yet very near
It is you that I see when I close my eyes
It is you that I long for, what a surprise
It is you that I dream of as morning breaks
It is you that I want, how my heart aches
Thinking back on our time spent together
I wish I had the chance to make things better
I know how much you loved me dear
If only I still had you here
I’ve never had a friend or lover quite like you
And I will be searching for what we had my whole life through
I remember kissing you in the rain
Now tears run down my cheeks leaving my makeup in a stain
And all I feel is emptiness and pain
You will always hold a special place in my heart
It’s so tragic the way we had to part
Something told me that you were gone
All of a sudden I felt angry, sad and withdrawn
I was walking alone during a storm in Chicago
I had a strong urge to call you
Just to say hello
You didn’t answer and a strange feeling inside began to grow
You were my first taste of real love
Pure and white like a dove
High school sweethearts together again
Forced apart by drunken sin
How much I miss and love you I cannot say
I know that bastard will have to pay
I will never understand why you had to go so soon
I will always remember you like the rabbit in the moon